Dear Christoph,

I submitted your complaint to the Fieldtrip team. They might need a data example from you to reproduce the problem.

Best,

Vladimir

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Christoph Hofstetter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear SPM EEG and FieldTrip developers,

I have noticed that from version SPM8 5236 on the conversion of BrainVision files gives weird results for me.
The data set I am using are from intracranial recordings which I converted into BrainVision format using cartool. I used the convert (epoch, define trials) routine in SPM8 4667 and it worked well. However, when using the same approach in SPM8 5236 the results are different and many trials have very high peaks (see file attached).

After looking a bit into this issue I found that replacing the following SPM8 5236 functions from the SPM8 4667 brought back the same results as using pure SPM8 4667:

spm8_4667\external\fieldtrip\fileio\ft_read_data.m
spm8_4667\external\fieldtrip\fileio\private\read_brainvision_vmrk.m
spm8_4667\external\fieldtrip\fileio\private\read_brainvision_eeg.m
spm8_4667\external\fieldtrip\fileio\private\read_brainvision_pos.m
spm8_4667\external\fieldtrip\fileio\private\read_brainvision_vhdr.m

It seems the problem is rather with FieldTrip than SPM, nevertheless I felt like sharing this with you. Please let me know if using the "old" fileio FieldTrip functions could be problematic.
Many thanks in advance for any comments on how to best deal with this.

Best regards,
Christoph

Christoph Hofstetter, M.Sc., PhD candidate
LABNIC, University of Geneva
http://labnic.unige.ch/nic/htms/hofstetter.html
+41 (0) 22 37 959 79