Mobile Learning in Medicine and Dentistry – Free CPD event and funding opportunity

***APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTS***

Changing the Learning Landscape
Mobile Learning in Medicine and Dentistry
Mercure Holland Hotel, Bristol - 18 April 2013

Changing the Learning Landscape (CLL) is a new HEFCE-funded programme supporting and encouraging higher and further education institutions to make a step change in how they adopt effective and strategic uses of online technology in teaching and learning.

This free one-day workshop, supported by webinars and online resources, for staff who teach or manage degree programmes in Medicine, Dentistry and health science disciplines, will provide a practical introduction to the use of mobile technology to enhance teaching and student learning.

Topics will include:

·         Where are we now with e-learning? Where are we going?

·         Using Twitter and blogs in Medicine, Dentistry and health science disciplines;

·         Learning technology sessions;

·         The role of augmented reality;

·         Impact of integrating mobile learning initiatives.

Up to £5,000 of funding will be available to event attendees in total, with individuals being invited to bid for up to £250 and teams for up to £2,500 for small-scale projects to embed learning technologies into practice.

To find out more and book onto this and other CLL workshops, please visit: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2013/18_April_CLL_Bristol.

Sessions will be delivered by teaching practitioners in Medicine and Dentistry disciplines.

Please share widely with colleagues who may wish to attend.

CLL is a unique partnership between the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, JISC, the National Union of Students, the Association for Learning Technology and the Higher Education Academy (HEA).

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131