From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Vlachopoulos, Panos [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 March 2013 16:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: is the notion of Radical Education explored enough within the UK PGCCerts?

Dear colleagues,

I wonder how many institutions that run PGCerts in HE or similar explore  with the idea of 'Radical Curricula' and 'Radical Education'?

 Do we recommend readings by Stephen Brookfield or journals like http://www.radicalteacher.org/recent.asp ?

 Are there PGCerts that have as part of their 60 credits provision a module on Adult Critical Theory and Practice?

Any information more than welcome!

I would be also interested in co-organizing a symposium day with this theme...if anyone interested?

best wishes

Panos

Dr Panos Vlachopoulos, B.Ed,M.Ed,PhD,FHEAProgramme
 Director PGCPP/ Lecturer in Academic Practice
Centre for Learning Innovation and Professional Practice
Aston University
Birmingham
B4 7ETUK