You can either calculate a Cohen's D in the usual way, or you can
convert the F statistic to some sort of effect size (which is covered,
I think, in Andy Field's "Discovering Statistics..." books).

Also, while I'm here, it's very unlikely you should really be using a
one tailed test.  A one tailed test means a result in the opposite
direction to that which you expect is theoretically and substantively
meaningless, and the actions you take as a result will be the same as
if you found no effect at all. If that's not true, when you use a
one-tailed test, you're just lying about your p-value.

(I know that sounds harsh, but I do a LOT of statistical reviews, and
if you put a one tailed test in a paper I review, you will be told to
revise it.)

Jeremy