From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Reid
Sent: 13 March 2013 11:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] New agency for science communication

Psci-comm,

A new communications agency was launched earlier this year which aims to help university scientists and leading research groups inspire the public, government, and business about the importance of science and engineering. Matter PR is offering a range of services from strategy development and media relations to government relations and public outreach.

> You can read the launch press release here: http://www.matterpr.com/index.php/news-headline/

> More information about our services (including public engagement and outreach) can be found here: http://www.matterpr.com/index.php/services/

> Finally, we recently published an interesting case study about a public engagement collaboration which should be of interest to psci-comm members: http://www.matterpr.com/index.php/promoting_impact/

If anyone has any comments or questions please feel free to drop me a line.

With best wishes,
David

---
David Reid  |  Managing Director

Matter PR

T (01865) 366540  |  M (07818) 518736  |  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  @dburrettreid

www.matterpr.com<http://www.matterpr.com>

********************************************************************** [Note from the moderator - I'm trying to simplify this information and correct some bits, please bear with me - Jo]

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To stop getting emails from the list (eg if you're on leave) send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following message: set psci-com nomail

2. To resume getting messages from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the message: set psci-com mail

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the message: signoff psci-com

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.

Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the psci-com list owner, currently Jo Brodie, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Email commands:
1. To stop getting emails from the list (eg if you're on leave) send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:
set psci-com nomail

2. To resume getting messages from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message:
set psci-com mail