Jane Coombs has just written a book that might help you. Its an e book and very good price. It sets out how to set up a OH business but I think  giving you information to gain support and resource from your company it may help… At £6 its well worth having.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/digital/fiona/clarification/clarification?ie=UTF8&ASIN.0=B00BRLPOB6&cor.0=GB&itemCount=1&offerListingID.0=kGORM8VQpE9GJA3H55kbRwvbh7HaUjjUzkDFLswn%252FJ894KO3WHozghNuaNwblBM3UYRaabEjehbGZ3V2yPNqaLAAxM9l%252F2FjQ4GosYrRuLSze7xVCvsSEN0AMPgFYcE0wNUv0oOF%252FhqKJ4gPFfW1dA%253D%253D&ref_=kics_dp_buybox_oneclick&result=clarification&subtype.0=FREE_CHAPTER&t=fiona&x=59&y=11

Dawn

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Lesley
Sent: 19 March 2013 06:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Starting from scratch

Good morning all,

I started a new post last week in a manufacturing company (cardboard and packaging products, high repetitive strain, moderately hight absence ).

My background is having full time employment with large multi-national OH providers and I have now taken up a role where I am the only clinical employee in the company.

I have a clinic, a full remit of health surveillance kit, an online booking system for appointments and a brand new HR director  with (so far) an excellent understanding of the remit of OH and it's true value to the organisation.

But this is all I have - no departmental procedures, health questionnaires, staff database, policies. A room, kit and approachable HR is my lot.

I am prioritising my tasks this week,Monday saw me fumbling around in the dark. I think in letting the totality of the situation blinker me at present. So before I finish my breakky and head back to my clinic - where I will have zero seconds to look at an email! I wonder if you could dispatch some collective knowledge and wisdom!

If you could build an OH department from scratch - where would you start?

 I know I have a bit task on hand - I am awaiting the release of the Contemporary OH nursing guide in November with bated breath!

Thank you (deflated and excited in the space of a single moment!)

Kev

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer system. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender. This notice is automatically appended to each e-mail message leaving the senders e-mail domain. Thank you.