 Hi All
I am having one of those moments where I have read all I have and tried a bit of a google and drawn a blank....
one of the employees in a company i visit has well controlled diabetes (type 1) and he is thinking of applying of a job with grinders...i know the risk is minimised as much as practicable but there is still an element of exposure....he has no neurological symptoms, is 38, and i know vascular disease is a risk with his condition and i know that CTS has a higher incidence in people with diabetes. Reading my HAVs notes, that "in diabetes or excessive drinking - neuropathy starts in feet" and "invidivudals with certain relevant vascular or sensori neural disorders affecting hand/arm, for example raynauds disease or CTS not be exposed to HAV"
gut feeling says careful monitoring...anyone have any knowledge/research i should consider before advising?

Jacqui
.