Hi

On the few occasions I was recorded I was told straight up or suspected and asked straight out. On all occasions I politely pointed out that I agreed to be recorded on the understanding that it was for their personal use only as the assessment was a private one and therefore protected in law as was advised by my.employer. I then documented this in my case notes. Most of them had been misinformed by their union rep about how such recordings could be used; I never heard anything again.

On Mar 4, 2013 9:09 PM, "kate owen" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Claire,

This has not happened to me, although occasionally I have had my suspicions! But I have to say that with a few cases recently I have thought in hindsight and at the time that I would have felt safer if the consult had been recorded rather than be their word against mine!

I think (though until it happens I don't really know) that if it is known to both parties that recording of consult is happening then I would not have a problem with it. I think that it is only when it is underhand that there would be any legal issues.

Kate

________________________________
From: Claire K <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 4 March 2013, 13:32
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Recorded in a consultation

Hi Guys and Girls

I am new to posting on this forum but have read and taken knowledge from all your wisdom in the past.

I now have a question to ask if you would kindly advise.

I am finding more and more that nurses within the areas that I work are expressing concerns that clients are recording their consultations; more so in regards to absence management referrals.
I do not know for what reason this is occuring but the nurses feel this is increasing, which was highlighted through peer supervision.
I have emailed the RCN and am waiting for a response but thought I would ask on here.
Would this evidence be made available in a tribunal etc even if the nurse has not given her consent.
Should we be highlighting this at the beginning of the consultation or something in regards to this? Do any of yourselves do this??

Awaiting your response, or any advice where to take this predicament
Kind Regards
Claire

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: