Morning All

Please see below re launch of HSE health surveillance website - You may have seen this, apologies if so but been away and catching up with emails!!

Kind regards

Wendy

Wendy Stimson RGN SCPHN (OH)
Director

AWL Occupational Health Ltd
Occupational Health and Workplace Mediation

Tel: 01293 532477
Mob: 07814 288642
www.awloh.co.uk
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=77137393&trk=tab_pro

Based in West Sussex
AWL Occupational Health Ltd is a Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 7380521
Registered office: The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry CV1 2FL

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Launch of new health surveillance website
> Date: 12 March 2013 10:20:31 GMT
> Cc: <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Dear all
>
> I am writing to confirm that the new online guidance on health surveillance will go live on 14 March at HSE's webpages at : http://www.hse.gov.uk/health-surveillance/index.htm
>
> Thank you for your invaluable input, help and assistance in revising this guidance- guidance that will make it easier for employers to understand what they need to do to check and protect their workers' health
>
> HSE will be looking to promote this externally from w/c 18 March, with the key messages:-
> This new guidance, developed with industry, makes it easier for employers to decide whether their workers need health surveillance, how to go about it and how to act on the results.
> Health surveillance is only necessary if people could still be harmed or made ill by their work after all control measures and precautions are in place. A risk assessment should help identify if this is the case
> Getting health surveillance right can lead to a healthier workforce by reducing sick days and can also benefit businesses by ensuring that time and money is not wasted on unnecessary checks.
> I would be very pleased if you could help us spread the word through your own internal, stakeholder or partner channels, also from w/c 18th.  HSE's press release will be available to view at http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/index.htm from Monday. Further background text is also available to help with any internal copy. Please contact Liz Carridge at HSE press office at [log in to unmask]
>
> PS You will be unable to contact me at my HSE email address as this is my last day with the HSE. My colleague Dr D Sen, FRCP,FFOM,MRCGP,DRCOG
> PRINCIPAL MEDICAL INSPECTOR & HoU,
> Cons. & Hon. Senior Lecturer in Occupational Medicine
> [GMC 2633475]
> Corporate Medical Unit
> Redgrave Ct., Merton Road, Bootle, Liverpool L20 7HS
>    can be contacted by email at [log in to unmask]
>
> Best wishes
>
> Paul Beaumont MSc CChem FRSC
> HM Inspector of Health and Safety
> Band 1 Manager, Health Surveillance Project;
> Corporate Science, Engineering and Analysis Directorate
> 1.2 Redgrave Court, Merton Road, Bootle L20 7HS
> Tel: 0151 951 4789 (VPN 523 4789)
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]

> Please note : Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications and may be automatically logged, monitored and / or recorded for lawful purposes by the GSI service provider.
>

> Interested in Occupational Health and Safety information?
>
> Please visit the HSE website at the following address to keep yourself up to date

> [...]

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: