I have had a couple of cases where an employee has been put on an intensive long term course for mental health reasons. One was for severe anorexia and the other for depression/personality. In both cases, the employer maintained employment status but on nil pay - which had been reached anyway. Ultimately it is the employers decision whether it is realistic to maintain employment.
Lindsey

From: sarah meacham <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:08:08 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] courses for personality disorders

 Good morning jiscers.

Wonder if anyone has heard of anything similar plesae?
I have just received a referal for an employee whom has  recently recieved a diagnosis of a personality disorder. She has advised her employer that she has been invited to attend a course...3 days a week for 18 months.
I have not seen the employee yet....but work are asking if this is realistic ?
Just wondered, if anyone had come across this length of course before and if the workplace accomodated it ?

Many thanks in anticipation

Sarah Meacham
OHA

******************************** Please remove this footer before replying. OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html