Northern Renaissance Seminar
http://www.renaissances.uk.com/content/northern_ren.html
Dear Colleague,
I am delighted to announce the call for papers for a forthcoming Northern Renaissance Seminar.

Northern Renaissance Seminar: 'Writing the Renaissance North', Sheffield Hallam University, 22 June 2013

This one-day symposium will focus on the ways in which the idea of the north was understood, imagined and represented in the writing of the early modern period. We invite proposals for 20 minute papers that consider early modern literary or cultural engagements with the north, either as a geographical space or an intellectual concept. Also welcome are considerations of the significance of the north in the textual or performance afterlives of Renaissance works.

Themes to address might include, but are not limited to:

Please send 250-300 word abstracts to [log in to unmask]

Closing date for proposals: 26/04/2013

For further details, please see www.renaissances.uk.com/content/northern_ren.html
With all good wishes,
Liz
Liz Oakley-Brown
Senior Lecturer in Shakespeare and Renaissance Writing, Lancaster University