Dear all

I hope you are well. The Grant Museum of Zoology, UCL is thrilled to be in the final five shortlist for the Museums + Heritage Awards 2013 Culture Pros Pick – this is the Oscars of the museum world. We really do try to try new things with our collections to engage and inspire our audiences with a high level of access to our collections and our staff. We’d really love to win this award.

We were shortlisted as a result of public vote organised by the Guardian, and the winner will be selected by a new public vote between these five. We would be extremely grateful for any help we can get gathering votes for this – we are the only natural history collection in the running (and the only university museum) so we’d really appreciate some help from you. It takes one click to vote here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture-professionals-network/culture-professionals-blog/2013/mar/21/museums-heritage-culture-pros-pick-vote

More info:

The Guardian Cultural Professionals Network has teamed up with the annual Museums + Heritage Awards to launch a search for the UK's most inspiring museum or heritage visitor attraction of the past 12 months.

We've sifted through over 500 nominations for the award, and the following five museum and heritage attractions received the most nominations to go through to the public vote:

• Amlwch Copper Bins, Anglesey

• Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre, Surrey

• Grant Museum of Zoology, London

• Museum of London, City of London

• Stow Maries Aerodrome, Essex

Choose the UK institution you think is a shining example within the sector for its ground-breaking approach to engaging with audiences and visitors in 2012-13. The winning attraction will gain the recognition of its peers and visiting public alike.

Who should win? You decide. Vote here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture-professionals-network/culture-professionals-blog/2013/mar/21/museums-heritage-culture-pros-pick-vote

Voting closes at midnight on Friday 12 April 2013, with the winner announced at the M+H Awards 2013.

Thanks in advance for your help. Fingers crossed!

All the best

Jack

Manager

Grant Museum of Zoology

Rockefeller Building

University College London

21 University Street

London WC1E 6DE

Web: www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/zoology

Blog: https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/museums/

020 3108 2052 (or 52052 from within UCL)

http://twitter.com/@GrantMuseum

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UCL-Museums-and-Collections/352538109391