From: James Fussell
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 8:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: British Mining moves into electronic publishing

"iPad, tablet or laptop" - aren't we desktop users permitted access then,
Mike? Also - I hate to mention it, but I think mediums has connotations of
multiple crystal ball users and seance attendees :)  Did you mean media...?
(Copy editors required for NMRS?)

On 15 March 2013 20:05, Mike Gill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> *A first for the Northern Mine Research Society - electronic publishing!*
>>
>> British Mining has been typeset electronically since 1993, but out of
>> print volumes are now to be made available in PDF format for use with an
>> iPad, tablet or laptop. They will also be available in Kindle format from
>> Amazon.One advantage in the PDF version is the ability to enlarge maps,
>> photographs and plans.
>>
>> The move is part of a wider strategy to improve the services offered to
>> those interested in mining history, but we do not intend to replace the
>> printed word. The option of having reference works available on these
>> mediums is an advantage.Members also have the option of receiving society
>> newsletters as a PDF (in colour).
>>
>> The first volume to be available: British Mining No.74, Keighley Coal by
>> M.C. Gill can be downloaded from http://www.nmrs.org.uk/**
>> publications/74.html <http://www.nmrs.org.uk/publications/74.html> or in
>> *Kindle format* <http://www.amazon.co.uk/**Keighley-Coal-British-Mining-*
>> *ebook/dp/B00BNVLQTY/ref=sr_1_**2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=**
>> 1362267082&sr=1-2<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keighley-Coal-British-Mining-ebook/dp/B00BNVLQTY/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362267082&sr=1-2>
>> >

>> Mike Gill
>>

>> If you need to leave the list, send the following message to
>>
>> leave mining-history
>> ---------

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to

leave mining-history
---------

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------