Hi

If you're looking for pure forum, Vanilla rocks - http://vanillaforums.org/
. They have both a hosted (paid) and self-hosted (free) model. Does all the
forumy stuff you'd expect. It also in theory hooks with Wordpress although
IIRC the integration is actually pretty poor. For better integration, go
bbpress. The downside with bbpress is it does some weird theming stuff and
the documentation is a bit crap.

For full-on community stuff, BuddyPress, which does all of the above plus
all the private messaging, friending, all o that.

Or - just WP if it is simple commenting / threading. P2 theme is an
interesting concept to look at too - see http://p2theme.com/

Cheers

Mike

Sent from a mobile