This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list. Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Strike a Light events and activities
Strike a Light is a not for profit community arts and heritage organisation using people’s life stories and memories to engage a wide range of groups in creative, arts and heritage activities to transform public and private spaces.
Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

 Arts and Heritage

Welcome to our new Ale and Hearty project logo, which designer Mark Pembrey has created for us. We unveiled it at our successful project launch at the Linklater Pavilion in Lewes on Friday 8th March.

Octoberfeast Lewes

We've been in meetings with the lovely Octoberfeast team in Lewes to set up some events for the Ale and Hearty project as part of this year's Octoberfeast.

The festival of food and drink this year takes place from Saturday 28th September to Monday 7th October.
 The festival centres around markets, films, talks and activities all celebrating Sussex based food and drink.

The brochure won't go to press till this summer, but we plan to host a photographic exhibition and talk as part of this week of local events along with some other surprises!

The events that the Ale and Hearty project will be hosting will be free and open to all, so there's lots to get enthusiastic about!

Free Fabrica gallery events

Strike a Light will be hosting two free events at Fabrica gallery this year on Thursday 13th June, and Thursday 12th September. Both dates from 1-4pm. Past events can be found here.

Following on from each event at 6.30pm, will be a film showing at the gallery linking with each event's theme. This film will cost a bargain £1 and will include refreshments.

The September event will be part of the free national Heritage Open Days programme.

All welcome!

Ale and Hearty Project Launch

Strike a Light hosted a free Ale and Hearty Project Launch on Friday 8th March at The Linklater Pavilion in Lewes, East Sussex.

This was a hugely enjoyable, well attended event with an exhibition, speeches from the Mayor Elect of Lewes, and Miles Jenner the Chief Executive of Harveys Brewery along with songs from local group Emily and the Hares, free ale, local Sussex cheeses, and a fundraising raffle which gathered £188 towards an education pack for local Lewes Primary Schools.

Thanks to all who donated raffle prizes and ale for our event!

If you'd like to attend events like this in future, please email [log in to unmask] to join the project mailing list.

Project Volunteers

As part of the Ale and Hearty project, we'll be running free reminiscence training on 18th and 19th March 2013. With oral history training just completed, project volunteers are gathering new skills for the project.

We're also hold monthly volunteer meetings on the first Wednesday of the month 2-4pm at Lewes Library.

To get involved in a number of roles, you can visit the
Strike a Light website where there is more information on how to access training and development.

You can also email [log in to unmask]

Photo Drop in

The Ale and Hearty project is holding a FREE fortnightly drop in Information Point at Lewes Library between March - June 2013.

We will be providing information on
 Ale and Hearty project activities, and collecting material and copies of YOUR photos and memories. These will form part of our photographic exhibition taking place in Lewes in Autumn 2013.

Share old photos, memories and experiences. We'll be scanning images to help build the archive of Lewes brewing history.

Our project team will be at Lewes Library between 10-12pm on the following dates:

Wed 13th & Wed 27th March
Wed 10th & 24th April
Wed 8th & 22nd May
Wed 12th & 26th June

Lewes Library is here:
Styles Field, Lewes,
East Sussex, BN7 2LZ
0345 608 0195

Keep connected!

Up to date news:

Strike a Light list
@strikerlight
Facebook

Copyright © *|2013|* *|Strike a Light|*, All rights reserved.
Through an interest in the events and activities of Strike a Light, and it's related projects such as Ale and Hearty, or Growing an Older Audience with Fabrica. You have subscribed through a link on the Strike a Light website: www.strikealight.org

Our mailing address is:
Join us on other social media.
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To leave this list email [log in to unmask]. Alternatively, send the following command to [log in to unmask] leave massobs --