Something for discussion on a Friday afternoon…

Now that we have been using Aspire for several years, we are approaching  1,000 archived lists – lists that we have set to Archive within Talis Aspire.  However,  as most of our lists have Access Control set to  ‘open to everyone’ (although Licence is set to ‘All rights reserved’) our ‘archived’ lists are searchable and viewable on talisaspire.com  Community Edition.   We only recently realised this when we were alerted to the fact that our ‘training’ lists, although archived were all appearing on talisaspire.com!

For us lists are set to archive as an alternative to making them unpublished (as this is not an option in Aspire) or possibly deleting the list (in the case of the numerous training lists).  I have had to go through our old training lists and set the Access control to ‘logged in users’ only so that these are not open access lists on talisaspire.com.

I feel the concept of ‘archive’ is somehow being missed within  all of this and interested to hear how other libraries are handling lists on Aspire for previous years and thoughts on the impact of old lists appearing on Community Edition – isn’t currency an issue here if archived lists are showing?

Annette

Annette Moore

Technical Services Librarian

The Library

University of Sussex

Brighton

BN1 9QL

T:01273 877046

E:[log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1