"Meeting, Tweeting and FBing: Social media for
information professionals”

How useful is
social media for libraries?  Can Facebook
really help me to promote what I do?  What
benefits can using LinkedIn bring me as an information professional?
Come along to the National Library of Scotland and hear Bryan Christie
and Nick Goldstein answer these and other questions as
they talk about the use of social media and networking for information
professionals.

Join us for
what will be an interesting and informative event with an opportunity to
network with colleagues in the information profession. Thanks to the generous
sponsorship of LM Information Delivery there will be drinks and nibbles after
the formal presentation.

Bryan Christie,
a former journalist, is the Media and External Relations Officer at the
National Library of Scotland and has considerable experience in the area of
social media. He manages the Library’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and works
with staff to supporting Library blogs.

Nick Goldstein
is a senior account executive at LinkedIn and has more than 15 years experience
in both start-up and corporate environments.
He has considerable knowledge in utilising marketing strategies in
digital environments. Nick is a graduate of the University of Edinburgh and
shares his home between London and Edinburgh.

Registration is essential - pleaseclick here to book your place