Hello

I have been asked to write new job descriptions for our Midnight Supervisor posts and was asked to scope this out to find out what other Institutions are doing.

The posts hours are 9pm- Midnight. Mon - Fri and they manage 2 student assistants.

We wanted to know
1) How you staff your after hours service?  - own staff, external company, other
2) How successful this has been - have you had to change how you staff these posts
3) What the Job title is? - we are looking to move away from Midnight Supervisor to "Library Wardens"
4) What duties they undertake in this role

I will summarise for the list

Many thanks
Mark Ramsden
Learning Spaces Manager