Anna,
The list is derived from a dataset provided by Elsevier under a CC0 license. CrossRef have used the same dataset to seed their FundRef pilot.

I am currently maintaining this as an authority file, intended for the sort of usage you suggest. It's long-term future is bound to the future of RIOXX in general.

Paul

(from mobile device)
Paul Walk
Director, Innovation Support Centre