Dear Colleagues,
this may be of interest to some of you. I am copying below the flyer of the play.
With all best wishes,
Donatella Fischer
University of Glasgow

FLYER

Welcome to the Italian play!

It’s the first time that students of Italian from Glasgow University and Strathclyde University work together to put on a show. We hope that this is the beginning of a long tradition!

Why did we do this? Because we all believed it would be a unique opportunity for our students to take their knowledge of Italian to a higher level but in a completely new context. That means outwith classroom routine! Understanding the play, studying the characters and fleshing them out, getting to grip with projecting their voice and learning about stage presence was all part of this exciting experience. Last but not least, putting on this play meant to undertake an in-depth exploration of Pirandello and his ideas of theatre.
Everybody, students and staff, was enriched by this experience and by the bonds we created.

We would like to thank everybody involved in this project:

the brilliant and creative cast; Carlo, the director of the play, for his commitment and enthusiasm; Jessica for her practical advice and assistance in directing the play; Adam for designing the costumes; Debbie for understanding lighting (the only one in the entire bunch); Sam and the other musicians for their music; Gillian for the set design; Alex who, with Consuelo, choreographed the dance you will see in the play; Consuelo and Debora for the precious support along the way;  Emer ( Glasgow School of Art) for designing the poster of play; the University of Glasgow, which has provided the wonderful venue; the School of Modern Languages and Cultures of the University of Glasgow, the University of Strathclyde, la Società Benefica di San Francesco, and the Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Edimburgo for their generous contributions.

Enjoy the show!

Paola and Donatella (University of Glasgow), and Francesca (University of Strathclyde)