From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Isobel Thompson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 27 March 2013 09:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 'Roman roads'

But yes, it is still a separate shapefile, for historical reasons - we have a lot of records for the old Viatores routes, which have only been partly dealt with. We also have records for genuine stretches of Roman road in different places, and none of them have GIS linears. I would love to integrate it all properly but there is no time for such a luxury, and I needed a shapefile for putting into presentations, and just sending to other people.

Thanks for the tip, though, and for the responses. I suppose the underlying question is, which HERs have confidence in their Roman road pattern?

Isobel