thymine

Hafan Books is pleased to announce, in time for the 76th meeting of the Association for German Studies in GB & Ireland, at Cardiff University, where Ulrike Draesner is the President’s Guest:

THYMINE: 17 Sonnets x 4
by  William Shakespeare  –
 17 of the Sonnets
and  Ulrike Draesner  –
“Twin Spin: Radikalübersetzungen” (2000) inspired by Dolly the cloned sheep
and  Tom Cheesman  –  Draesner's poems Englished

and  Olive Ond  –  Shakespeare's poems Chinese-whispered through GoogleTranslate ('Do no evil')

with an extract from Ulrike Draesner’s essay “Dolly & Will”

www.lulu.com/shop/paperback/product-20809062.html

ISBN 978-0-9569473-83 – 46 pages – 21.59cm2 – Boiled String Poetry Chapbooks #7

All proceeds to Swansea Bay Asylum Seekers Support Group

Mine eye hath play’d the painter, and hath stell’d

Thy beauty’s form in table of my heart … (WS 24)

Thymine is available only:

·         at the AGS conference in Cardiff for £6.99

·         at www.lulu.com/hafan print-on-demand for £6.99 + p&p (card, Paypal)

·         directly from Hafan Books for £7.99 (inc p&p):

o   either by sending a sterling cheque, made out to "Swansea Bay A.S.S.G.", to: Tom Cheesman, Dept of Languages, Swansea University, SA2 8PP, UK, stating your delivery address, order (title, quantity) and whether a receipt is required

o   or by making a Paypal payment to [log in to unmask], stating your delivery address, order (title, quantity) and whether a receipt is required

… Mine eyes have drawn thy shape, and thine for me / Are windows to my breast … (WS 24)

… meine augen haben deine dna-linie entrollt, und deine sind / die cyberfenster meiner brust … (UD)

… mine have untangled the line of your dna, and your eyes are / the windows (© microsoft) of my breast … (TC)

… If possible, I would say the following. / My chest and Windows … (OO)

Further titles of German Studies interest at www.lulu.com/hafan – Volker Braun, Berkan Karpat, Zafer Senocak – and many more: experimental poets (the Boiled String series edited by John Goodby) and refugee writers in Wales

Dr Tom Cheesman

Reader in German

Editor-in-Chief, Hafan Books

Dept of Languages, Translation and Communication

Swansea University

SA2 8PP

UK

www.swanseabassgroup.org