Hafan Books is pleased to announce, in time for the 76th meeting of the Association for German Studies in GB & Ireland, at Cardiff University, where Ulrike Draesner is the President's Guest:

THYMINE: 17 Sonnets x 4
by  William Shakespeare  -  17 of the Sonnets
and  Ulrike Draesner  -  "Twin Spin: Radikalübersetzungen" (2000) inspired by Dolly the cloned sheep
and  Tom Cheesman  -  Draesner's poems Englished

and  Olive Ond  -  Shakespeare's poems Chinese-whispered through GoogleTranslate ('Do no evil')

with an extract from Ulrike Draesner's essay "Dolly & Will"

www.lulu.com/shop/paperback/product-20809062.html <http://www.lulu.com/shop/paperback/product-20809062.html>

ISBN 978-0-9569473-83 - 46 pages - 21.59cm2 - Boiled String Poetry Chapbooks #7

All proceeds to Swansea Bay Asylum Seekers Support Group

Mine eye hath play'd the painter, and hath stell'd

Thy beauty's form in table of my heart ... (WS 24)

Thymine is available only:

·         at the AGS conference in Cardiff for £6.99

·         at www.lulu.com/hafan <http://www.lulu.com/hafan>  print-on-demand for £6.99 + p&p (card, Paypal)

·         directly from Hafan Books for £7.99 (inc p&p):

o   either by sending a sterling cheque, made out to "Swansea Bay A.S.S.G.", to: Tom Cheesman, Dept of Languages, Swansea University, SA2 8PP, UK, stating your delivery address, order (title, quantity) and whether a receipt is required

o   or by making a Paypal payment to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> , stating your delivery address, order (title, quantity) and whether a receipt is required

... Mine eyes have drawn thy shape, and thine for me / Are windows to my breast ... (WS 24)

... meine augen haben deine dna-linie entrollt, und deine sind / die cyberfenster meiner brust ... (UD)

... mine have untangled the line of your dna, and your eyes are / the windows (© microsoft) of my breast ... (TC)

... If possible, I would say the following. / My chest and Windows ... (OO)

Further titles of German Studies interest at www.lulu.com/hafan <http://www.lulu.com/hafan>  - Volker Braun, Berkan Karpat, Zafer Senocak - and many more: experimental poets (the Boiled String series edited by John Goodby) and refugee writers in Wales

Dr Tom Cheesman

Reader in German

Editor-in-Chief, Hafan Books

Dept of Languages, Translation and Communication

Swansea University

SA2 8PP

UK

www.swanseabassgroup.org <http://www.swanseabassgroup.org>