Now available .

Seminar: A Journal of Germanic Studies

Volume 49, Number 1, February 2013

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/m0742h21r026/

This issue contains:

The Changing Nature of Scholarly Communication: A Forum

In this new special section of Seminar, we are interested in focusing on
issues of increasing importance to our profession that often do not have
room for expression in more traditional forms and formats of publication.
For our initial topic, we have chosen "the changing nature of scholarly
communication." There are likely few of us who have not been impacted by
these changes and who have not also registered at one time or another a
range of reactions to them. Our aim is to initiate a conversation that
begins to address these reactions in more systematic and open-ended fashion.
The forum's goal is to discuss emerging problems as well as identify
creative solutions to such problems. Communication is not an aftermath of
ideas but a means to constitute them. The question we thus want to ask is,
how will the changing nature of scholarly communication change the nature of
scholarship? (from Introduction)

Introduction: Scholarly Communication and German Studies

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/l0x65486g132v497/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/l0x65486g132v497/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=0> &pi=0

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.1

Mobilizing Knowledge: Re-visioning Research Dissemination, or Don't Yell at
the TV - Be on TV

Jill Scott

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/m5634xp5576w67h4/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/m5634xp5576w67h4/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=1> &pi=1

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.7

Accounting for Scholarship in the University 2.0: Knowledge Production and
Dissemination under the Conditions of Global Knowledge Economies

Markus Reisenleitner

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/d77757017g609007/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/d77757017g609007/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=2> &pi=2

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.9

Notes on Opening Access to German Studies

Carrie Smith-Prei

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/6l202144hw346574/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/6l202144hw346574/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=3> &pi=3

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.15

Articles

Emine Sevgi Özdamar's Translingual Poetics in Mutterzunge

Melİz Ergİn

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/n170507440871vr7/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/n170507440871vr7/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=4> &pi=4

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.20

Creative Destruction: Karl Kraus and the Paradox of Satire

Jakob Norberg

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/7484663111783x37/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/7484663111783x37/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=5> &pi=5

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.38

Landscapes of the Mind: The Spatial Configuration of Mathematics in Hermann
Broch's Die Unbekannte Größe

Gwyneth Cliver

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/ph789246pr852080/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/ph789246pr852080/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=6> &pi=6

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.52

Von Patmos nach Bayreuth: Apokalyptik und Androgynität in Richard Wagners
Parsifal

Christian Clement

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/0547jv3274076281/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/0547jv3274076281/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=7> &pi=7

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.68

Reviews

Jerold C. Frakes, Vernacular and Latin Literary Discourses of the Muslim
Other in Medieval Germany., reviewed by katja altpeter-jones

Susan Ingram and Katrina SarkBerliner Chic: A Locational History of Berlin
Fashion, reviewed by julia bertschik

Ulrike StammDer Orient der Frauen: Reiseberichte deutschsprachiger
Autorinnen im frühen 19. Jahrhundert, reviewed by linda dietrick

http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/82j7836163641261/?p=354f70f4224e43f
eae6fcb0a32abf5b9
<http://utpjournals.metapress.com/content/82j7836163641261/?p=354f70f4224e43
feae6fcb0a32abf5b9&pi=8> &pi=8

DOI: 10.3138/sem.49.1.91

Seminar: A Journal of Germanic Studies

Publishing peer-reviewed research on German literature and culture since
1965

www.utpjournals.com/seminar

Seminar is a forum for scholarly and critical discussion of Germanic Studies
- the study of literature and culture of the German-speaking countries, and
of literature and culture in other Germanic languages excluding English. The
journal aims to foster international cooperation in the study of Germanic
literatures and cultures in the English-speaking world.

Seminar Online
Seminar Online features the complete archive from the first issue published
in 1965 - more than 800 articles, 1300 reviews in 192 issues/48 volumes from
1965 to present. Seminar is an essential resource for individuals and
institutions alike. Seminar Online features:

Enhanced features not available in the print version - supplementary
information, colour photos, videos, audio files, etc. encouraging further
exploration and research.

Early access to the latest issues - Did you know that most online issues are
available to subscribers up to two weeks in advance of the print version?
Sign up for e-mail alerts and you will know as soon as the latest issue is
ready for you to read.

Access in the office, at home and "on the go" - experience everything
Seminar Online has to offer from your desktop and mobile devices.

Everything you need at your fingertips - search through current and archived
issues from the comfort of your office chair not by digging through book
shelves or storage boxes. The easy to use search function allows you to
organize results by article summaries, abstracts or citations and bookmark,
export, or print a specific page, chapter or article.

Seminar

University of Toronto Press - Journals Division
5201 Dufferin St., Toronto, ON, Canada M3H 5T8
Tel: (416) 667-7810 Fax: (416) 667-7881
Fax Toll Free in North America 1-800-221-9985
email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

 <http://www.utpjournals.com/seminar/seminar.html> www.utpjournals.com

 <http://www.facebook.com/utpjournals> www.facebook.com/utpjournals

Posted by T Hawkins, UTP Journals