Apologies for multiple postings!
We invite contributions to the session 7b of the Goldschmidt Conference 2013, which takes place in Florence, August 25-30, 2013 (http://goldschmidt.info/2013/index)
Session 6b:
Understanding the Lower Continental Crust: Where are We Now?
Convenors: Stacia Gordon, Tracy Rushmer, Oliver Jagoutz

This interdisciplinary session brings together studies on the continental lower crust from a range of approaches. The development of new numerical models and experiments, along with detailed field and seismic studies of crustal flow in collision and extensional settings have brought to light new insights into how the lower crust behaves, both rheologically and geochemically. We encourage submissions from those working on lower continental crust processes and topics, including: seismic observations and the development of rheological models, deep crustal magmatism and metamorphism, melt-related rheology, the development of high strain zones, and the evolution of deep crustal roots.

Keynote: Mark Behn (Woods Hole)

The abstract deadline is 12th April 2013 at 23:59 (GMT)

We look forward to seeing you in Florence!

Stacia, Tracy and Oliver