Hi,
the caudal bordre of the brainstem proper is below the pontomedullar sulcus, at the level of the foramen caecum pontis. Below that, the medulla oblongata begins.
Cheers,
Andreas

Von: Dusan Hirjak <[log in to unmask]>
Antworten an: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: Donnerstag, 7. März 2013 16:19
An: <[log in to unmask]>
Betreff: [FSL] Brainstem borders - FSL

Dear FSL experts,

I need to define the borders of the brainstem. According to Patenaude (Thesis, page 15), the brainstem borders the ventral DC, the fourth ventricle, and the cerebellum.
I have two questions regarding the borders:

1. What does "DC" mean?

2. How is the caudal or posterior border of the brainstem exactly defined? (Where does the brainstem ends?)

Any suggestion would be very appreciate.

Best regards,

Dusan