Hi,

If I understand you correctly, this isn't quite what I had in mind.
What I was saying was:
 - demean as one group and then split (which you understood)
 - stick with your existing model and contrasts
 - do not use -D

You don't need to have a separate run or separate designs.
Just avoid -D and keep your group mean EVs and contrasts.

I hope that's clearer.

All the best,
Mark