Hi again Andreas,

> yes - that's why I was wondering, i.e. Mark must have downsampled / preregistered or recorded a T2 scan at low res.
> Given that such approach may work, would you invest scan time in full blip up / down recordings (of all diffusion directions) or prefer to double the dirs in one phase encoding dir?

what you can get from the b0-EPI<->T2 combo is an estimate of the field which you can then use to correct all your EPIs. You can achieve exactly the same thing with b0-EPI+<->b0-EPI- where the sign indicates the blip-direction. I.e. you don't need to acquire all your EPI images with both blip-directions.

Given that you would actually loose time by acquiring a T2 instead of a single EPI with reversed blips, which would only take you ~5sec. The potential problem with the T2 option is that the contrast might not be perfectly matched which might mean a somewhat poorer estimate of the field. So my vote would always be for reversed blips for at least a couple of b=0 images.

But it is nice to know that the T2 option works for when people forget.

Jesper