Stephen,

Thanks for replying.  What I am trying to obtain is a sense of how statistically accurate each measure of volume is.  For example, for patient X, I get a gray matter volume of 600 cc.  What is the 95% confidence interval of this measurement?  I realize there may not be an answer to this question, and may go back to how accurate historically is FAST compared to some accepted gold standard.

Chang

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Smith
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 10:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] confidence intervals for FAST

Hi - sorry, but it's not clear what you're asking for here - in particular it's not clear exactly what you mean by "confidence interval".

Cheers.

On 14 Mar 2013, at 17:48, Ho, Chang Yueh wrote:

Hello,

I am using automated segmentation as described in your educational materials by skull stripping with BET and using FAST to segment white, gray and CSF volumes.  We are doing a feasibility project in autistic children and have a small sample of children with autism and age matched children without.  I understand there is an option for FSLstats to display the 2-98% interval for signal intensity values for a data set but is there any option for the measure of accuracy of the specific volume of the data set obtained by –m –v?  For example a confidence interval of the segmented volume of gray matter?  I believe this would help our statistician with calculations for significance and power.

Thanks for your help.

Chang

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)  2176
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve