Hi,

Have a look at the easythresh tool, that might simplify things for you a
bit.

cluster will also do. However, when you look into the easythresh script,
you will notice, besides the relevant options for a cluster based
thresholding, that it also produces an estimate for the smoothness of
the data (smoothest).

I hope this helps,
wolf