UK PREMIER: WHEN I SAW YOU + DIRECTOR Q&A
Wed 3 Apr, 6.20pm, BFI Southbank
Tickets: http://ow.ly/jdmIN

Jordan, 1967: free-spirited 11 year-old Tarek escapes a Palestinian refugee camp determined to return home. When his mother comes after him, they begin a journey from helpless victimhood to the defiant possibility of hope. A masterful, moving new work by Palestine's first female feature director, Annemarie Jacir.

Jacir explains: 'Borders to me are arbitrary and manmade. [Tarek] doesn't understand what a border is and no one can really answer that question. Borders have done nothing but separate human beings and ruin the world.'

Part of the 'Birds Eye View Film Festival 2013: Celebrating Arab Women Filmmakers'. More info and tickets at: http://bit.ly/Wa80yH

This year's festival is particularly exciting as Birds Eye View have turned their focus to celebrating Arab women filmmakers, shining a light on the diverse and compelling talent emerging from the Middle East and North Africa. Our festival is a unique opportunity to see a pioneering new programme including ten exclusive director Q&As, seven UK premieres, two London premieres and two live music world premieres.

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines