This is at least a step in the right direction. Nice to hear that some of the Abs are actually taking our comments and concerns back and doing something about them.

John Garside

Exams Coordinator

Stourbridge College

Sent: 22 March 2013 15:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: AOC Conference

Edexcel have published a list of responses to some of the questions raised at the AoC Conference which can be accessed here:

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/exams-officer/Documents/AOC-Conference-2013.pdf

Duncan

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/8/2013 3:34 pm >>>

Another couple of things:

  1. C&G are going to take the latest upgrade from BTL for e-volve and are developing an improved reporting service for the results to include more information on what the candidates got wrong, a facility to see how the candidate has done across a range of tests, and improved searching. As with last year they are promising that it will soon work with screen readers.
  2. Another issue raised in the Sixth Form College session was the difficulties with Oral Modifiers and modified papers. AQA appears to be reducing the options available for modified papers and assuming that we will modify the papers ourselves or facilitate the candidate with technology solutions such as screen readers.
  3. VTCT were promoting their Catering and Hospitality products that they launched last year - an interesting alternative to C&G who I find problematic at present and it would put the whole of an area under one manager with the same awarding body.
  4. AoC have allowed me to publicise this forum via their Email contacts so hopefully we will get some more members.

Have a good weekend one and all.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck

Exams Co-ordinator

Herefordshire College of Technology

DDI: 01432 365315

Int: x315

Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/02/2013 13:29 >>>

Hi All

You were greatly missed.

A few snippets in no order of importance.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Buck

Exams Co-ordinator

Herefordshire College of Technology

DDI: 01432 365315

Int: x315

Group Email: [log in to unmask]

Please remind students that NO Mobile Phones, iPods, MP3/4 players, or any device with electronic storage are to be taken into examination rooms, and that Photo ID has to be shown for all examinations

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/02/2013 12:46 >>>
We were unfortunately unable to be represented at this years conference.

Are there any helpful snippets of information that any attendees can share with us?

This email and any content are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Herefordshire College of Technology.

Herefordshire College of Technology. Folly Lane, Hereford.
http://www.hct.ac.uk/News/info_event.html

Information Event Dates
This email has been scanned by the iCritical Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.icritical.com/