Hi all,

Can you please let me know if and how you use the exam seating module in your MIS software?  We have UNIT-E but don’t use the seating module, preferring to advise the invigilators how to lay out the exam ‘on the ground’ when we see how the Sports Hall or allocated room has been set out.  This is partly because we can’t rely in it being laid out in a standard pattern after it is taken down each weekend, so can’t guarantee a prepared seating plan will match the layout we get; and our students do find their seats fairly quickly once directed to the columns allocated to their unit.

We’re not convinced it is worth the effort to set up the module unless we can significantly improve the student experience over our ‘manual’ method.

Our Sports Hall’s capacity is 312 (13 rows x 24 columns) if laid out properly.

Whether you reply or don’t, have a nice weekend!

Regards

Paul King

Exams Officer,

Leyton Sixth Form College