I am in the final dissertation year of my Masters in Education at Staffordshire University and was wondering if anyone was aware of any current research into English functional skills, in particular if students are able to practically apply the skills learned and what their perceptions are of this qualification. I am really struggling to find any robust academic research, possibly due to the fact that this area is relatively new.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could advise if they know of any current research into this area or point me in the direction of any further information that may help in my quest.

I can be contacted at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance,
Melanie

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to