Hello Sharron

if you don't mind me saying this, you might want to advise your student re.
the wording of the title of her survey:'* I**nvestigating services and the
experiences of chronically ill and disabled individuals'*  which could be
interpreted as a medicalised one with deficit connotations.  A  bit of
guidance to your student might steer her to gaining an understanding of the
*very type* of research which the 'social model' of disability fights
against. (If she needs to search for literature in this regard, try
searching for Colin Barnes' and Mike Oliver's work over many years,  to get
her acquainted with the  'social model of disability', also known as
'disability studies'.  Can't hurt.)

Just a thought... hope you don't mind this bit of unasked for interference

Ruth Topol
(PhD student, Lancaster university)