Hey Simon,

My initial thoughts are:

*         Keep all medications in original packaging with all necessary labels

*         Have doctor's note on doctor's office/clinic letterhead, stating the diagnosis, what the meds are for, and why the large quantity (study abroad from X date to X date)

*         Put in transparent plastic bag so all meds can be easily seen so as not to look like trying to hide anything

*         Keep small amount (only what is needed for flight) in carry-on + copy of doctor's letter

This is what we tell our outgoing students so I'm thinking it would also work the other way around!

For the birth control stuff I feel like that would fall under the student insurance plan they would have while in the US, so they should be able to continue the shots at their campus health clinic.

Have a great day,

Lori Rezzouk
Study Abroad Advisor
Africa, The Middle East, France, Canada, and Switzerland
Advisor for Access - incoming and outgoing students

The Study Abroad Office
CB 3130, Fedex Global Education Center
The University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3130
http://studyabroad.unc.edu<http://studyabroad.unc.edu/>
Office: 919-843-8208
Fax: 919-962-2262
[Description: cid:image002.png@01CCEBCB.AB390130]<http://www.facebook.com/UNCCHStudyAbroad?ref=ts>[Description: Description: Description: twitterfbicons1]<http://twitter.com/UNCStudyAbroad>

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.