-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Natalya Dell
Sent: 21 March 2013 12:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: music in exams query

Hi Anna,

> Do other universities have experience of students with ADD or mental
> health issues (for eg) having classical music played during their
> exams, which they'd sit in an individual room?

I have seen this done for a student who had tinnitus who was advised to
avoid "silence" which is when the tinnitus became most noticeable and
stressful.  The music helped avoid the hyperfocus on tinnitus.

I can imagine a student with ADD or mental health benefiting from avoiding
silence for various reasons.

Natalya