Good morning, Dis Forum.

I have been asked to forward this email to the list....

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing in my role as lead representative of IAC to invite DSA Assessment Centre Managers to join IAC in its continuing work in promoting DSA through staff development and involvement on stakeholder groups.  IAC operates in the spirit of the big society and membership is free to all those interested in joining and taking an active and positive part in our organisation.  Our aims are:

To work towards the preservation of the DSA scheme for future generations of students by ensuring that market forces are used to ensure competition and cost-effectiveness;

To facilitate a free association of independent assessment centres conducting assessments for the Disabled Students’ Allowance;

To exchange information, knowledge and expertise within the association;

To act as a lobbying organisation advocating and promoting the aims and interests of members;

To contribute to the Quality Assurance Framework for assessment centres;

To provide or otherwise arrange/co-ordinate training for members;

To promote the activities of the IAC using a range of appropriate publicity materials and marketing opportunities;

To create a sector wide suite of qualifications to recognise professional skills and competencies in the role of disability assessments and related roles;

To work closely in partnership with the assessor community via its membership groups e.g. ASASA;

To co-operate with other agencies in the development of quality assessments and support for disabled students.

If you are interested in working in this manner and you would like further details, please see our web site www.iac-dsa.co.uk for contact details.

Best Regards

Paul Dilley

--