From: Defend Max, Jawad and Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12 March 2013 13:57
Subject: JAWAD BACK AT WORK TODAY!
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear All

Fantastic news! Jawad's suspension has been lifted and he is back at work today. He has sent this message of thanks to UNISON members this morning:

"I've been reinstated today and would like to thank you all for your great support and solidarity which made this possible. We have to also stand collectively and strongly with both Max and Steve until they are reinstated since they did not do anything wrong either. I hope to see you and thank you at UNISON AGM today at 12:30"

Please note we are closing the petition at end of play (5pm) tomorrow so if you can give this one last push we can then present the 2,400(+) names (hopefully 3,000 signatures) to management at their next Governors meeting (Thursday) and hopefully we will learn that, following Jawad's reinstatement, both Max and Steve will follow him back to work shortly:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-witch-hunt-defend-max-jawad-and-steve.html

See also some positive coverage of our campaign:
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/news/content/view/full/130357

http://www.islingtontribune.com/news/2013/mar/union-accuses-university-victimisation-over-decision-suspend-researcher-who-revealed-c