Whilst I agree with Brad that it's easy (and wrong) to equate urbex with terrorism I don't share his view that urban explorers have an unqualified 'right' to go where-ever they like. What often seems to be missed off from such assertions is that incursive exploration has consequences for others, and can affect public safety. I wrote a blog post about this a while back, urging both 'sides' to get a more realistic view of each other. There is harmless and harmful urbex, just as there is proportionate and disproportionate access control...

http://lukebennett13.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/up-on-or-over-the-fence-urban-exploration-and-premises-security/

Luke Bennett
Senior Lecturer
Department of the Built Environment