Dear All,

ExploringGeopolitics just published an interview with Professor Allen Scott (UCLA) in which he stresses the importance of city-regions in world politics:
http://www.exploringgeopolitics.org/Books_Scott_Allen_A_World_in_Emergence_Cities_and_Regions_in_the_21st_Century.html

Particularly his last sentence in the interview reminded me of the many discussions that have taken place in this forum:
"In my opinion, a clear re-assertion of the overarching significance of capitalism on geographic outcomes can contribute significantly to understanding cosmopolitan urbanism while steering clear of the doubtful claim that we need one kind of theory for the cities of the Global North and another for the cities of the Global South."

All the best with your geographical endeavours!
Leonhardt van Efferink