But at least then scientists could say they tried to deliver the message? As Hansen does every time he goes out to protest and gets arrested?

Every person will have their excuse ready to absolve themselves of any responsibility, from what I’ve noticed to date (even myself).

Regards,

Douglas

From: Discussion list for the Crisis Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of david McKay
Sent: 24 March 2013 19:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What zombie films can teach us about climate change

Not sure banging up scientists for being conservative with their interpretations (as scientists tend to do in all fields) will help very much - at the very least it doesn't make it any more likely that governments or people would act any more quickly anyway! Even if we stood and shouted from the rooftops and went on strike to deliver the worst-case message, I suspect scientists would still not get very much more attention or headway...

Dave

  _____