Forumers,
worth signing, I think,

mark
----------
From: Birgitta Ashworth <[log in to unmask]>
----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: "Juliette Daigre, People & Planet" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 18 March 2013, 17:47
Subject: Don't cut the climate!

Dear ,
Under new draft guidelines, climate change is set to be removed from the geography curriculum for under 14s, as reported in the Guardian this weekend <http://peopleandplanet.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=3f8a1dbcfe&amp;e=a34a2e45dc> .

Think cutting the climate from the curriculum is a bad idea? Please sign our petition at www.peopleandplanet.org/teach-climate <http://peopleandplanet.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=95b7f0f1c1&amp;e=a34a2e45dc>

Keep the climate in the curriculum

Don't cut the climate

At People & Planet, our experience working in schools and colleges has shown us that teaching about climate change is absolutely crucial to ensuring that young people understand and are able to be leaders on climate change.

These new proposals threaten the ability of future generations to take action to protect the environment and human life.

I'm writing to you because you've previously taken action with us to protect education. In 2011, People & Planet's petition to keep climate change in the science curriculum was the largest email campaign received by the Department for Education that year.

Now it's the geography curriculum that's under threat.

Take action today

I'm writing today to ask you to tell Education Secretary Michael Gove and Energy & Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey what you think of these new guidelines removing climate change from the national geography curriculum.

Please take a few moments today to email Michael Gove & Ed Davey at www.peopleandplanet.org/teach-climate <http://peopleandplanet.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=f18bae8ac3&amp;e=a34a2e45dc>

Thanks for taking action.

Juliette Daigre
Education Manager, People & Planet

PS. It really does only take a few moments to add your voice to our petition - please sign it today <http://peopleandplanet.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=9820d1c376&amp;e=a34a2e45dc> .

Forward to a friend <http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=448ad56752&amp;e=a34a2e45dc>

View email in browser <http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=357aae277a5ea6a2e5a02fac8&amp;id=448ad56752&amp;e=a34a2e45dc>