My understanding was that Tim uses pythonic extensions - I guess that
this is one of those (rare, I think) functions where the python
preference is not accounted for.  I'll take a look - it should be a
simple fix.

I intend to update to guile-gnome at some stage - it was the major
feature/update slated for 0.8.

Cheers,

Paul.