Hi,

I have two datasets of the same sample. Both contain a similar amount of particles and both can be refined in RELION to 8.5A according to the gold standard. (Not yet separated into 3D subclasses)

The first dataset has a pixel size of 1.891A/pix, as obtained from correlating to EMDB and PDB entries.

However, the second dataset was acquired a few months later on the same instrument and has an apparent pixel size of 1.907A/pix (a 0.9% difference), when maximising the correlation to the first dataset (0.9991 in chimera).

I am aware that magnification correction in RELION is not yet implemented. Is there a recommended way of combining/rescaling the datasets for RELION, while minimising resolution loss?

I would be very grateful for suggestions!

Best
--
Matthias Brunner <[log in to unmask]>
PhD student, Marlovits Lab