Hi Greg,

Takanori Nakane's suggestion should work for you, which is our workaround for non-compliant video cards/drivers. If it doesn't or you see performance or stability problems, please try these two settings:

unset use_shaders
unset sphere_mode

These two settings are usually only necessary for Intel-based mobile chipsets. Furthermore, PyMOL v1.5.0.5 and later should automatically fallback to the most stable settings.

Cheers,

-- Jason