Why not thermal denaturation in the presence of Sypro Orange and a realtime PCR machine ?

Crowther et al. Use of thermal melt curves to assess the quality of enzyme preparations. Anal Biochem (2010) vol. 399 (2) pp. 268-275

Or (shameless advertisement):
Hain et al. Structural characterization and inhibition of the Plasmodium Atg8-Atg3 interaction. Journal of Structural Biology (2012) vol. 180 (3) pp. 551-62

2.9.2. Thermal shift assay

Mutant and wild type proteins were tested at 1 mg/mL in a reaction containing 30 lL of protein and 1 lL of a 1:30 dilution of SYPROÒ orange dye. Fluorescent measurements were done in triplicates in a CFX96 thermal cycler (BioRad) from 20 to 80 °C over a period of 60 min and the melting temperature was determined from the maximum of the first derivative of the melting curve.

You will need less protein compared to the CD melt.

Jürgen