There is also a program called TOPS which I understand can be obtained from David Westhead's group in Leeds, email

He supplies the code as is, and it can produce this kind of diagram where you look at the strands end-on (though I can't remember whether up-triangle means the strands are going towards or away from you.)

which is an alternative to some of the

best wishes
Pete Artymiuk