Hello,

I stayed away from this thread until now - the major reason being that I was fitting snugly under my quilt.

However I feel compelled to react now: placing your data in a public repository (thereby "proving" that you did the work) also means that a "colleague", "friend" or whatever can and will publish your work for you. Once your work has been published you cannot publish it again, you did the work and the "colleague", "friend" or whatever has in fact appropriated your work.

In the world of dreams I was living in until a few moments ago (it was night time), this is perhaps the way we should act. In the real world we live in, even your "colleague" upstairs will publish your work if he / she has a chance to do it because by doing so he / she will improve his / her career while ensuring that yours doesn't take off.

Fred.