From: Martin Spafford <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 21:12
Subject: Re: Black pirates

re: John Julian, mentioned at the end of the second slide. There’s a good National Geographic website for children about the wreck of the Whydah and I use this with students at school. At http://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/whydah/ children can find  out about John Julian and the rest of the crew. The site says that 25-30% of pirates in the ‘golden age of piracy’ were black.